Mission Statement of Community Service Chaplaincy:
- The Mission of the Church of God Community Service Chaplain’s program is to anticipate and respond to the need for emotional and spiritual guidance and assistance in time of personal or collective crisis among employees and agencies being served by Community Service Chaplains.
- The Community Service Chaplain is actively committed to enriching the lives of the people he/she serves by providing emotional and spiritual guidance which is necessary for daily living and an effective work environment.
- The Community Service Chaplain fosters an atmosphere of trust and confidentiality for the employees of each agency or firm being served and is pledged to the protection of each employee’s privacy and confidence. By providing resources for emotional and spiritual health and personal development, the Community Service Chaplain helps in strengthening the entire work force family.
- Community Service Chaplains are men and women of various ministerial and professional backgrounds who are dedicated to the spiritual, emotional and physical well being of the employees of the occupational field wherein they are called to minister. A Community Service Chaplain is trained in areas of counseling, human behavior, pastoral care and/or other related areas.
- Community Service Chaplains are resources for stress management, critical incident stress debriefings, emotional disorders, marriage and family counseling, grief and depression disorders, and spiritual guidance when called upon. Community Service Chaplains are available on a volunteer basis to offer their services and find resources where possible to meet the needs of employees and their family.
- Community Service Chaplains understand their role to be that of service and contribution. Service to the men and women of the organization being served, service to our Church which recognizes the need to minister in the market place and service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The contribution of each chaplain is that of his/her time, talents, care, professional expertise and often personal resources. This done with a genuine love for those who serve our communities and citizens.
Professional Qualifications and Training
- Inservice Training
- Certification Training
- Academy Classes
- Advanced Training
- Applications and Seminar Registrations
Specific Topics on Community Service Chaplaincy:
- Community Service Chaplaincy News
- Video on Community Service Chaplaincy
- Code of Ethics
- Death Notifications
- Domestic Violence and Shelters
- Emergency Services Personnel
- Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
- Pastoral Counseling
To contact us about any aspect of Community Service Chaplaincy, click on "Contact Us" button at the top of the page.